Okay let’s face it. Luna and I have the same taste in food. Bread and cheese. Bread and cheese.
But we can’t ALWAYS eat bread and cheese, so sometimes we have to eat vegetables too. Fortunately some veggies like sweet potatoes are still delicious.
Luna always begs for a piece or five of sweet potato when I’m preparing them in the kitchen, so after reading an easy recipe for sweet potato fries for humans I thought why can’t we make these for dogs too!
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted)
- Spices - Turmeric, Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Wash and peel the sweet potato
- Cut the sweet potato into evenly sized long skinny (fry shaped) pieces
- Coat with oil and spices - Mix in a large bowl or Ziploc bag
- Place fries on baking sheet in one layer
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Flip over fries for even baking
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes
- Let cool before giving to your dog!
I have never made my own sweet potato fries before, but these were super easy and extra delicious! Way better than frozen.
Although Luna’s fries are edible for humans too, I made mine with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper (Warning: Not a dog safe recipe). I’m looking forward to trying this recipe with different spice combinations.
If you are looking for more possibilities for spice combinations, here are some dog safe spices:
Coriander (though we are a Cilantro free household)
Garlic (in small amounts)
As with anything if you try any new spices, be sure to keep an eye on your dog!
Have you ever made your own sweet potato fries?